We're all about challenging the conventional, that's why we were determined to create a better product for better health, and our recipes are no exception! We took a beloved breakfast favorite, added in our Sweet and Salty almond butter, and made some nutritious swaps to bring you Sweet and Salty French Toast Muffins! (We know, we know... does it get much better than that?! NOPE!).
Minimal preparation time, delicious flavor, and ingredients you can proudly eat, these are a must-make and a crowd pleaser for brunch parties and weekend restoration always. We hope you love them as much as we do!
Sweet and Salty French Toast Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. Better Almond Butter Sweet & Salty almond butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- Preheat your oven to 325. Prepare your baking pan: use coconut oil to grease your muffin pan or use eco-friendly cupcake liners.
- Combine almond and coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl. Sift until dry ingredients are well-combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine eggs, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Slowly begin to fold in the flour mixture to the egg and almond butter mixture, ensuring that all of the dry ingredients are completely mixed and the batter is smooth.
- Once everything is completely mixed, use a small ladle to fill each spot on the muffin pan.
- Once the batter has been portioned out, place the muffin pan in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, then check them to see if they have turned golden brown yet and be sure to also check them with a fork or toothpick to see if they have cooked through. *Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on the strength of your oven to ensure they are cooked through if they are not already. They should be golden brown on the inside, and not burnt on the edges.
- Once the muffins are golden brown, remove them from the oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- When cool, add the additional almond butter and cinnamon to the top and serve.
- Your friends at Better Almond Butter